Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering from unreal thoughts, depression. Prescribed fludac and nurotroy injection. Reaction from reglan and mexiron. Advise?

hi! my bp is 120/88.i am 37 yrs.i am also suffering from unreal thoughts which makes me depressed doctors prescibed me fludac 20mg.sometimes i do feel heviness in my arms and legs.for this she prescribed me nurotroy injection .how ever i hav not taken the medicineas i am very sceptical of taking medicine as once i had reactin from reglan and mexiron.please advice me/
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
Although you didn't specify your thoughts but fludac is a good antidepressant and very effective for obsessive compulsive disorder in which persons are in stress because of excessive, unwanted thoughts. chances are very high that you will get good benefit from this medicine, even if you don't have clear obsessive compulsive disorder. Fludac is an easily tolerable medicine and most patients take it without troublesome side effects. Probably you had dystonic reactions(rigidity of limbs, and slowing of movements) with reglan. This reaction is common with reglan, not with fludac. so rest assured and start fludac. Keep in mind that a good effect from fludac may take 6-8 weeks to start, so donot stop it earlier or without consultation with your doctor.
best of luck
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor