Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Suffering from typhoid infection, headache behind head, pulsing sensation. MRI scan required?

hellow dr. i am writing this for my brother. age -28, hight- 5.5 , weight - 55. Now he is suffering from typhoid . he got 9 injections . but he had severe inner head ache behind the back side of head. dr s said it is because of typhoid. but he said that something beaten like pulse on the head ache area. he is afraid and in a confusion of doing MRI scan . if there is any need for that
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Your brother is suffering from Typhoid and hope,he must be improving,headache and fever are part of systemic illness mostly, with treatment it should settle down.
It is possible to have meningeal irritation as cause of headache and toxemia may be one of the reason for headache.
You can wait for few days if headache subside there is no issue but if persists a CT SCAN or MRI may be done to rule out any pathology.
Take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor