Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suffering from typhoid fever. Proper diagnosis and effective cure?

Hello Sir, I am Khalid Saleem, Sir I am suffering fever since from 1 year. some times i become normal by using fever relief medicines and after that again become in fever. My widal test report is: TO 1/40 TH 1/40 Sir, is i am suffering in tyfide fever, please dignose and suggest me. Thanks my email is: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,
Your history of fever for almost 1 year and with only limited available details it is not possible to exactly point out reason pf fever.
1:40 dilution for widal test is not significant so your problem may not be Typhoid.
You should consult a Physician and after proper history and relevant investigations cause of fever may be detected if at all there is fever which also needs to be recorded properly.
Treatment depends on cause, In such cases we need to investigate for hidden Tuberculosis, or low grade malignancy or infection like HIV?
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Good Luck
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Raghuveer Murki's  Response
Hello.TO 1/40 is not indicate of typhiod 1/80 is indicative of typhiod fever.use azithromycin and cefixime combination drug for 5 days if not subsided go for other tests .Rule out SLE And HIV
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor