Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from typhoid and hypertension. In unconscious state. What are the further tests to be done?

Goodevening Doctor, My grandma who is 72 years old is a healthy lady. She has got typhoid before 15 days and gone to unconscious state suddenly. Her heart functions normally, she doest have anything apart from BP which is 180 right now. We are giving treatment in Pondicherry. She dint get recover still and she doesnt even know where she is, At times, she opens her eyes and telling correctly. Please suggest us what test should be done as we had gone thru all the tests Regards
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You should go for CT scan brain, serum electrolytes, blood sugar, renal function test and liver function test.
If her cardiac part is normal then there may be abnormality in all these investigations.
You should also consult with physician and neurologist.
At times, septicemia/ typhoid psychosis is persisting in body and may cause altered sensorium till the control of infection.
With pray of rapid recovery,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor