Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from transverse myelitis. Tilts while walking. One leg slimmer than the other. Treatment?

hello doctor, my name is madhur sarda my friend is sufring from transverse myelitis from last 6 to 7 years. the current condition of the my friend is while walking she use to tilt and one of her leg is slim as compare to another leg . doctor i want to know is there a treatment for this problem plzzz let me know i need ur help and she use to go physiotherapy daily for 2 to 3 hours from 1 year .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Neurology 's  Response
Transverse myelitis is an unfortunate ailment wherein the spinal cord is functionally sectioned resulting in disability to use both legs as well urine and stool incontinence in various degree depending upon the initial insult. The very fact that she is able to walk shows she has only moderate disability and the element of stiffness, as a part of disease involvement could make her tilt, trip or drag the feet which is unavoidable. Yes, to some extent regular exercises as well injection Botox could alleviate the problem to some extent and she could continue doing physiotherapay regularly. Disparity of limb length is an apparent problem mostly due to unequal stiffness in the legs.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor