Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Suffering from thrush. Feels uncomfortable during sex. Not cured by medicine. Will hysterectomy help?

hi i have suffered with thrush for many years now. I have tried everything ie change of washing powder, no soaps etc but its affecting me more now and i seem to get it everymonth. I have of course gone to doctors and been given various creams but it gets me upset now as it rules my life. sexual intercourse is a no no and it is very uncomfortable . My friend had said that she heard that having a hysterctomey could possibly help. Is this correct?
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Feb 2018
HI. There is a proper treatment for thrush. Both the partners have to get treated at the same time. No sexual contact as per your Doctors advise till treatment continues. Get a Gynecologists opinion and ask her for internal examination and sonography of abdomen and pelvis . I hope you are not diabetic. High blood sugars get repeated thrush.
Answered: Sat, 28 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor