Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suffering from systematic sclerosis. Took blood test. Briefly explain what it is.

I am karthika, 25 years old i was affected by systematic sclerosis. i am consulting Rheumotologist which i take proper medicines and blood test. now suddenly in my today blood report it shows that SGPT- 111, Creatinine-0.8, haemoglobin -12.6, urine for deposit- 2-3 pus cells & 0-1 RBC EEN/ HPF, What's that it mean.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
You are suffering from systemic sclerosis which is a connective tissue disorder. systemic scleroderma is an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. It is characterized by thickening of the skin caused by accumulation of collagen, and by injuries to the smallest arteries. There are two overlapping forms. Limited cutaneous scleroderma is limited to the skin on the face, hands and feet. Diffuse cutaneous scleroderma covers more of the skin, and is at risk of progressing to the visceral organs, including the kidneys, heart, lungs and gastrointestinal tract are affected.
Rheumatologist is the expert person in such disease.
You may be on disease modifying drugs which require regular monitoring.Based on your blood reports there is mild elevation of SGPT which is a marker for liver involvement .It can be raised either due to drugs or can be due to disease persay.Rest of reports are normal.Consult your rheumatologist and hepatologist for same.Hope this will help you.

Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor