Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
You seem to be suffering from Acute sinusitis
rather than tonsillitis alone. Apart from antibiotics you need to follow other home remedies
1. Drink plenty of warm water – this helps in improving the blood circulation, keeping the mucosa moist and relief from pain
2. Anti-inflammatory medicines such as diclofenac or ibuprofen for the pain relief.
3. Use saline nasal spray
followed by steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.
4. Also, avoid smoking/chilled food & beverages/alcohol/coffee till you recover.
5. If the symptoms do not improve within 3-4 days you can start on antibiotic (such as a combination of amoxicillin
and clavulanic acid
or cefuroxime) after consulting your doctor.
6. A mucolytic such as bromhexine or ambroxol will help in reducing the secretions.
I wish you good health