Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stress and depression. Have suicidal tendency. Please help

doctor i am suffering from stress and depressed mind for few months due to some problems which had been given by my friends.. i am trying to come out of that. but really i cant. in between that my behavior is not at all good. i'm hurting many of my friends even for small things. i had lost many things in my life.. some other are saying i'm behaving like a mental.. am i really behaving like a a mental please answer me. how can i come out of this.. really i cant tolerate the sorrows . feels like to suicide.. please help me
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone trhough your available history.
You should consult a qualified psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and for proper management.
Doctor may start, Antidepressant drugs like fluoxetine or sertraline or escitalopram.
In extreme cases of depression with suicidal behavior, Electroconvulsive therapy is very useful for speedy recovery.
Meanwhile you cans start doing stress management with relaxation techniques like yoga , meditation, self motivation.
I hope you will come out of this soon.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Psychiatrist Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have feelings go guilt as you are thinking that you have hurt your friends. You are loosing friends. You have stress and depressed mood. You are not able to tolerate sorrows. All these are the symptoms of depressive disorder. As it is in earlier state I would advise you to please visit a good Psychiatrist for expert evaluation. You have ideas of suicide so talk with your psychiatrist regarding your intent of self harm. Medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Sertaline etc are newer antidepressants and have good effect. Non medicinal treatment like Cognitive Behavior Therapy is also useful. So visit a Psychiatrist ASAP.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. I understand your preoccupation with the symptoms. I would suggest you undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation. You would need to be screened for both depressive disorder as well as personality disorder. The treatment would consist of:
1. Antidepressant medication like SSRIs
2. Psychotherapy techniques like CBT/Cognitive behavioural therapy
3. Supportive counselling
Suicidal tendency is an emergency and you might require inpatient hospitalisation for a short while for this reason. Yoga, meditation and breathing relaxation exercises are likely to be beneficial in your case. Wish you early recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor