Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from spondylitis, talking unrelated things and irregular periods. Have fluctuating blood pressure levels. Are these menopausal symptoms?

I am writing this mail on behalf of my mother. I really need your help urgently. My mom is 52 yrs old and going through menopause period. She is having spondylitis in her back. Six months back once she became crazy, totally lost her mind for one day. That whole day she did not get sleep. Uttering words related to spirituality and always was telling that some body is calling her to heaven. So, we were forced to admit her in some psychiatric hospital . Doctor gave one injection in her back and then only she got sleep. After that she became normal but sometimes she used to lost her mind uttering repeating words. Now she is not having periods regularly. She is feeling pain in her whole body. Feeling some pain in the back side of the head. Blood pressure is also going fluctuating in time which means it is not stable. I have consulted with many doctors but its not curing for six months. One more thing she loves me very well and is upset since I am staying in different state because of my Ph.D. Can you tell me whether these things are the symptoms of mental disorder or due to menopause period. I read many articles in NET but still confused. If you please guide me to give some solution for recovery, I will be very grateful. Regards, Anal
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Dear Anal,

The menopausal symptoms cannot be so severe and do not start so acutely as you have described here. So mostly they look like that of psychiatric nature. Being perimenopausal is additional worsening matter. But not necessarily all the women who have had healthy and normal reproductive life suffer from perimenopausal symptoms. Now she's out of the acute phase, select a good psychiatrist and general physician. Both will take care of her mental and physical symptoms by prescribing appropriate medications. Before that the general physician will also make her undergo certain tests to rule out common disorders at this age like diabetes, thyroid, etc. Having fluctuating blood pressure will be confirmed by the physician and treated well. So do not worry and take her for appropriate further management. good luck.
Answered: Sat, 1 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor