Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering from sore throat

I am suffering from sore throat since almost 8 month itis not continious it comes and goes. with white and brown phelgm. ear itches and some time pain . allergic to dust and smoke. any refrigerated item i have iam in trouble. drinking lot warm water ,orange juice and lime juice. please do reply to eradicate the problem. majeed
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  365
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You are probably suffering from allergic pharyngo-rhinitis, i.e., an allergic condition affecting your nose and throat.
You should avoid the triggers of your malady, i.e., avoid exposure to dust, smoke, cold foods.
And yes take lots of water ( not from the fridge, ofcourse !!!).
Many a times the culprit is the tonsils.
So get a total and differential count of blood done, and also a throat swab culture and sensitivity test.
Do warm saline gargle.
Take citrus fruits.
Avoid spicy food.
And don't you worry, usually a course of antibiotic and antiallergic does the job.
Yet, consult an ENT Specialist, he/she will examine and give the best advice.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for posting query.
You have probably chronic pharyngitis.
Take an antihistamine, and one PPI (omeprazole), hot water gurgle and plenty of oral fluid and proper food.
Consult an ENT surgeon for opinion.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Khan,

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum,
This is called chronic pharyngitis. It can also be due to allergy, acid reflux disease. The best way to control is to prevent those things which cause allergy. Whenever you consume chilled items immediately you consume plenty of warm water. Also do gargles with povidone iodine mouth wash. If there is any acid reflux problems please do consult a good ENT specialist and get treated appropriately.
Take care


Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor