Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suffering from sore throat and fever. History of Jaundice and Typhoid. Treatment?

Hi, m priya m having sore throat from last 15 days m nt having fever but vomiting from 2 days, i did my blood test of typhoid in which salmonella typhi O - agglutination seen 1:80, salmonella typhi H - agglutination seen 1:80,salmonella paratyphi A(H) - agglutination- seen 1:20, salmonella paratyphi B(H) - agglutination seen -1:20, last month i had jaundice my liver is vry weak , i arealdy had 1 time thypoid nd 2 times jaundice in past years. plz guide me what diet nd treatment i have to take...
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
The reports at present is not suggestive of typhoid.For sore throat are you on some medication?if so continue it with warm salt water gargles or antiseptic gargles.You will be better in few days.As far as suffering from typhoid and jaundice is concerned would like to know which virus lead to jaundice ?was that tested in blood?Typhoid and Jaundice (hep A ) are caused by contaminated water and food so avoid eating from roadside vendors .Get yourself vaccinated for typhoid it's a 3yrly shot.Hep A and B vaccine is also available but since we don't know which type you suffered from it will have hopefully given immunity against it(hep A).If your sore throat doesn't get better you should meet your Docter again .
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The test is borderline and requires repitition of the widal test after 1 week if you have fever.
Sore throat may be due to local infection or congestion due to a virus.
Coming to diet take soft diet.
Avoid junk, spicy, oily, and fried foods.
Take freshly prepared, well cooked home made food.
Drink plenty of water and oral fluids.
Consult your Physician for the examination and to interpret your report and to advise you appropriate treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor