Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from sinusitis, causing terrible pain over eyebrow and cheek bone. Can I take Duolin repsules?

Hi, i suffer from sinusitis . I returned from a trip to my home, and my sinuses are all blocked again. I am having a treeible pain over my eyebrows and over my cheek bones and usually find respite only after the mucous is blown through the nose . For quick relief, shall I take Duolin repsules? And can I inhale it with steam?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The duolin contains ipratropium and salbutamol. These would be helpful in a situation of acute bronchospasm (the airways of the lungs narrow) , but would not be helpful in a acute sinusitis.

You should consider using an antihistamines (most are available over the counter)- this would help with the reduce the inflammatory response and may decrease the secretions
A decongestant should also be used- this would reduce the congestion in the nose and sinuses. These are also generally available without a prescription.

A nasal spray would also be helpful to you. There are many topical steroid nasal sprays available, again it would reduce secretions and inflammation.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pooja Reddy's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given, it appears that you are having a sever bout of sinusitis. Coming to your question proper first, Duolin repsules inhalation with steam may not help you with sinusitis. The first thing you should do is start plain steam inhalation and do it repeatedly. Also start a decongestants such as Allerid D which is mostly available OTC. If the symptom persists then you should consider taking antibiotics and also consult an ENT surgeon who can consider you for FESS surgery if the symptoms are severe.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further help in detail, I will be more than happy to help you.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Pooja Reddy MD
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
steam inhalation will help
simultaneously you have to take antibiotics and decongestants prescribed by your doctor
you have to also rule out als deviated nasal septum by your ent surgeon
consult your ent surgeon
hope this answer will be helpful to you
take care
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor