Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from sinus problem, have sensitive and painful cartilage. Feel smooth bumps on scalp. Cause for symptoms?

After years of sinus problem. I have new symptoms lasting now for weeks. I have very sensitive and painful cartilage in nose from tip and sides and even bridge. I wake up with thick plug of yellow mucus and slightly blocked nose. My lips feel prickly and sore and slightly swollen. I have a variable headache that particularly affects my scalp where I feel some large smooth bumps (possibly they have always been there) and actininc keratosis. For many weeks I been getting steadily worse with flue type symptoms, but no real temperature. Age 70 male. My short term memory is degrading quite badly.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

At this age, with a long history of sinus trouble - a CT scan of the sinuses is necessary to exclude any significant pathology.
Loss of recent memory is usually due to atherosclerosis / if you have headache in addition, neurological assessment is a safer option.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
antral wash is best for you :)
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor