Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Suffering from shoulder pain and numbness. What could be the reason ?

I have been having pain in my right shoulder and down throug my arm and a numbness . My feet are swollen also and this is been going for 4 or 5 days. Someone suggested I may have had a stroke. Do you have any ideas? I am 48 years old and haven t had a checkup for quite sometime. Thankyou Mark
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
well i think u should be properly exmined by the physician and also some blood tests to be done ......n some other questions to be asked from u so better consult some doctor
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi MArk,
pain and numbness in the shoulder joint usually related to neck muscle spasm or any correction required in cervical vertebrea. So first of you have rule out this.
About Swelling in feet, if you have swelling around any joint, it must be some rhuematic complaint.
And as far as stroke is concern, you need an expert to asses clinically and related investigations. You must hurry, if your are known hypertensive patient.
Get the Basic Bio-Chemistry Lab Investigationa done considering your age.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hello Mark, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
First get a Neurologist and a Cardiologist Opinion to rule out if you have Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Do you have any associated Dizziness or Headache? Are you Diabetic or Hypertensive? Get a Overall master Health check up Including Blood Sugars, Blood Pressure, Fasting Lipid Profile, Creatinine, done since you are nearing 50 and cannot be taken chances. As far as your symptoms go, i suggest you should be seeing a Orthopedist and get your Neck examined and if Possible get a Neck X ray done both AP and Lateal Views to rule out any nerve compression in the neck area by your Vertebrae. If there is any nerve compression, you may require Physiotherapy initially and if necessary surgery might be considered later.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor