Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe weight loss and abdominal pain. Blood test indicating cancer. Solution for pain?<br><br>

My spouse (wife) has the recurring symptoms that the physicians here in Yuma, Az cannot diagnose. She has had numerous CT, MRI , X-Ray and blood tests. One blood test came back with a cancer indicator but it could not required be reproduced. Symptoms include extreme weight loss , no desire to eat, severe abdominal pains, which required hospitalization for pain management .
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Sometimes it is very hard to find the source of the cancer. Even if blood levels and symptoms does indicate it. Your wife should have additional tests like colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy as neither MRI or CT does not cover this area. In some cases, PET scan can show the place of the cancer.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor