Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe gastric problem, abdominal pain. No help with medicines. Suggestions?

Hi I am suffering from sever gastric problem from past one week. I get abdominal pain and when gas released I feel relaxed. Pain keep floating in upper and lower abdomen . I have been taking medication Ilaprazole 10 mg before food twice a day and Sucrafil twice a day after food. Still pain persists and starts after having food everytime. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M.FORUM.
Since , you mentioned that you are having gastric problems and in spite of lansprazole and sucralfate you are not getting relief.
In my opinion this gastric problem may be due to peptic ulcer or Hiatus hernia.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper G I endoscopy.
Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking two hours before you lie down over bed.
To help control the stomach acid one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods.
Also take some antacid but, if the symptoms are severe then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors ( pantoprazole).
One such drug is rebamipide 100 mg 2-2-2 for long term use for chronic gastritis, but consult your treating doctor before this drug.
Good luck.

Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor's  Response
Thanks for writing in to us.

Although I feel you have gastritis after reading your query, you require a thorough clinical exam may also have to undergo tests to pinpoint the exact cause.

These tests include:

1. Tests for H. pylori. Your doctor may recommend tests to determine whether the bacterium H. pylori is present in your body. Which type of test you undergo depends on your situation. H. pylori may be detected in a blood test, a stool test or a breath test. For the breath test, you drink a small glass of clear, tasteless liquid that contains radioactive carbon. H. pylori breaks down the test liquid in your stomach. Later, you blow into a bag, which is then sealed. If you're infected with H. pylori, your breath sample will contain the radioactive carbon.

2. Using a scope to examine your upper digestive system (endoscopy). During endoscopy, your doctor passes a hollow tube equipped with a lens (endoscope) down your throat and into your esophagus, stomach and small intestine. Using the endoscope, your doctor looks for signs of inflammation. If a suspicious area is found, your doctor may remove small tissue samples (biopsy) for laboratory examination. A biopsy can also identify the presence of H. pylori in your stomach lining.

3. X-ray of your upper digestive system. Sometimes called a barium swallow or upper gastrointestinal series, this series of X-rays creates images of your esophagus, stomach and small intestine to look for abnormalities. During the X-ray, you swallow a white, metallic liquid (containing barium) that coats your digestive tract and makes an ulcer more visible.

You may continue to take your medication and include less spicy food in your regular diet.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor