Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe depression and stress. Self harm and crying spells. Nervous breakdown?

Hi, I have been under unrelenting stress since the day I was born. I was abused physically by my mother and sexually by both my stepfather and real father. I was placed in states custody because I had no one in my family who could take care of me when I was 11 and also put in a mental hospital because of depression and extreme fear of being around people till age 18. I married at 26 but the marriage was physically abusive and he almost killed me twice. I am now almost 41 and I am still living with him because of our two children which he says if I leave he will take away. I have become almost allergic to stress lately and if the slightest negative thing happens I cry hysterically and I even punch and bite myself until I bleed . I wasn t this way only a few days ago. Am I having a nervous breakdown?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. You are a strong matured women. I can understand your pains. No one is free of stress, stress is a portion of today's lifestyle. Yes, we are all humans and have our limits. You should give a little more time to your self. Do things that help you feel comfortable. Love yourself.

To get control over things and stay relaxed and cool, perform yoga/meditation preferably in the morning hours or whenever you can ( once or twice a day). Sing if that helps you smile. Read stories, this will divert your mind and help you stay positive.

There are times in life when you have to ignore the negative factors and stay easy. Take care of your health, take vitamin supplements. Ill health will get you stressed out soon. Eat balanced nutritious food. A healthy body is essential for a healthy mind.

You can take the help of a psychiatrist or a counselor if you are not able to get control over yourself. I am always there to help you, take care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor