Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe bad headache and chills. Cause for symptoms?

My husband has a bad headache on the right side of his head along with strong chills but no fever . He has had this for three days now and also has a feeling of fear. Do you know what this could be. It came on suddenly and he never gets headaches . He won t go to the doctor. He also seemed a little out of it but is better now. I reviewed the questions for a stroke but all seemed okay.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

Single sided headaches are usually caused by Migraine.
You should get him clinically examined and investigated for other causes of headaches.
Following investigations will be helpful :-
1. Complete Blood Count(CBC).
2. X-Ray PNS
3. Urine examination.
4. MRI of head.
5. Blood pressure monitoring.

You can give him Paracetamol 500 mg along with Omeprazole 20 mg and Domperidone 10 mg for relief from headache.

Migraine headache are triggered by :-
1. Lack of sleep.
2. Missed meal.
3. Physical/mental stress.
4. Dairy products.
5. Foods containing MSG.
6. Cigarette/Alcohol.

Avoiding the trigger factor will help to control the headache.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor