Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe back pain, please help

My sister, of aged 26 years has been suffering from severe back pain since 2003. In this mentioned year while working she somehow picked up a heavy log of wood and got surck at her back and could not breath for 1-2 secondes. After that, she went to and orthopaedic and he suggested her some excrcises. Now her proble is that, if she continue the exercises then she feel good. Otherwise even getting up from bed in the morning becomes very painful. Gradually her knee has also started aching and now she couldnot even stand on sher legs for more than 5 minutes. Just two days back she did X ray of her spinal cords as adviced by the physician and got the impression "Normal lumbo-sacral lordosis is reduced with acralization of L5 transverse process on the left side noted", her blood R/E report HB% 10.0gm/dl, ESR 35mmAEFH(normal 0-30mmAEFH) AND other things are in normal range. Now I want to know what may be the cause of this? What are the reamedy for this? Is the operation necessary? What are the precautions she should take? Any restriction regarding food?
Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
As x ray shows decrease on LS lordosis so she should under go MRI LS spine as weakness in her legs increasing . This may show Spondylolisthesis and /or disc protution or canal stenosis which can be operated to halt progressive weakness of legs.No restriction in food intake but avoid forward bending,squating and weight lifting.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
This may well be symptoms of a bigger ailment It can also be that your sister just needs complete rest to recuperate from a back strain You will need complete evaluation from a senior orthopaedic specialist – even it requires admission and things like MRI scans Do try to get in touch with somebody near your place of residence.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor