Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe anemia. RBC marked anisopoikilocytosis. Bone marrow test showing drop in the WBC, RBC and platelets. Any further tests?

a lab report done in 1995 showed that my red blood cells had marked anisopoikilocytosis with elliptocytes. I am and have severe iron anemia . this lab report was in connection to a bone marrow test that was done. I had another one (bone marrow tesst in 2000. Now my white cells count and red blood cell account continues to drop along with the platelet count. What type of tests should my doctor now think of doing. I am now 70 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you have mentioned that you were suffering from iron deficiency the present problem is your all blood cell gradually this age,the possibilities are aplastic anaemia,myelodysplastic syndrome and also hematological malignancy.again you need a bone marrow study.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM.

The condition, you are suffering from is Pancytopenia. It may occur in many conditions, even in old age idiopathically.
For a better categorization, consult with a hematologist for repeat bone marrow examination, and if required, a flowcytometric analysis of blood should be done to rule out any type of myelodysplastic syndrome.

Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor