Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe allergy causing itch and visible marks on face

Hi... I am suffering from sever allergy not so severe...buh still itching ,reddish and visible marks are there on my face is jus on my face..i experienced it almost evry year..Many say that its a pollen allergy..but it happens in winter well ...i mean throughout the year...My IgE level is 120 .What does that mean?What type of food i should eat and what should i avoid? and is it a pollen allergy..It fastens when i go near fire..near a stove or sun..
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You have Cholinergic urticaria or Chronic heat hives. It occurs whenever temperature of body increases, like during fever, stress, and going near heat source as well. You need to wear cool cotton clothes to avoid heating up of body. Avoid synthetic material clothes. Eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water everyday. To abort an attack you can take over the counter antihistamines like Cetrizine which will offer relief. Nowadays there is specific anti-IgE therapy with drugs like Omalizumab which works to relieve symptoms and prevent further attacks. Consult your Dermatologist/Immunologist for proper advice in this regard.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor