Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe Depression and stress. Have Dizziness, constant headache and fatigue. Cause for the problem?

Hi, I am a 22 year old female, and I have been having some problems for some time. I had a baby at the age of 19 and was quite healthy till then. I had severe depression after that, and got over it to a great extent, though I still get very stressed at the tiniest problem. I have constant fatigue , headaches, dizziness and now I feel my hearing is getting weak. I am overweight . Kindly tell me what could be my problem.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response

welcome to health care magic

You are probably suffering from "depressive disorder"- most likely "post partum". Fatigue, headaches, dizziness etc are also features of depression. Increased weight could also be due to underlying depression. Get a hearing test done for hearing problem (if any).
Consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management. Following treatment strategies could be beneficial-
1) Antidepressants/antianxiety agents
2) Psychotherapy
3) Relaxation exercises

Wish you good health'
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response

Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

There could be a variety of possibilities for your symptoms of fatigue, headache, dizziness, etc. It could be due to medical problems like anemia, thyroid disorders, high blood pressure, etc. or due to psychological problems like anxiety or depression.

I would advise you to have a proper medical evaluation done to rule out any probable medical causes for your problem. Since you say that you are still feeling very stressed out, it would also be advisable to consult a psychiatrist for a psychological assessment and further management.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Like you have said yourself, you probably are going through a lot of stress and are depressed to the point where you are having physical symptoms and loss of function because of the same. I think you need to distract yourself, use some physical exercises, use distracting techniques and relaxation using deep breathing and yoga/pranayama and meditation. I advise you to see a psychiatrist to get on medication to additionally help as well. I hope this helps your condition.

Take care and have a great day !
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor