Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suffering from seizures, enlarged heart, only two heart valves. History of asthma. Treatment?

my son has recently been having seizures, now doctor says he has an enlarged heart and only two heart valves. he is 35 and the only illness he had as a child is asthma . my son is in prison and he was just taken to st. on sept. 24, he had his first episode on sept 17. is there anything that can be done to rule out seizures or congenital heart defects
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Regarding seizure and ruling out epilepsy, MRI brain-epilepsy protocol and EEG (electroencephalography) are useful.

For evaluation of congenital heart disease, an echocardiogram and consultation with a cardiologist are useful.

If epilepsy is confirmed, anti-epileptic drugs would be required.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor