Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from scaly skin, wrinkles on hands, legs, feet. Cure for condition?

Hello sir..i am 24 years old..i have a scaly skin since my birth...after two or three i have to scrub the skin..which is very tedious and it doesn t give me relief more than one day...i think i have winters i got wrinkles on my skin e.g on hands,legs, feet etc..i feel very tell me the cure...and i will be highly obliged to u
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Pragati,
Unfortunately ichthyosis cannot be cured as it is a genetic condition. However, the dryness can be managed effectively to large extent
1) use Luke warm water or cold water to bathe. Do not use hot water as it rips off moisture. Use a loofah to remove scales mildly.
2) use a mild soap( like cetaphil, venusia, dove or pears)
3) always blot or dab the skin dry. Never rub vigorously
4) use a lactic acid or urea based cream twice to thrice in a day like cotary or moisturex.
Sometimes drugs like oral retinoids are given to manage the condition in severe cases. However use for prolonged period is not effective.
With the above general measures you will achieve optimum hydration of skin.
Hope that answers your query.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor