Suffering from rash and excoriation at sight due to iching, could this be a over dose of prednisone 20mg ?

10 year old 67# boy, otherwise healthy, up to date on vaccinations, rash started on wrist 3 days ago, excoriation at sight due to iching, increased redness on the underside of wrist, small rash spread to torso , legs, neck, and face near eyes. itchy rash. pt was placed on prednisone 20mg twice per day for 5 days by pediatric after hour clinic for suspected contact dermatitis . is this dose high? should there not be a taper?
Sat, 21 May 2011