Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from polycystic kidney disease. Neurologist recommended to see a specialist. Advice

I was looking into a nephrologist background that I will be seeing tomorrow. I have polycystic kidney disease in my right kidney (only one) and my kidney function was 13 in January. My neurologist has recommended me seeing a specialist fairly quickly as I just moved back from Fl 6 months ago where I was being monitored as well. I am apprahensive about the appointment as my sister had a transplant and ultimately passed away.
I do not have money to pay for an online consult. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Polycystic Kidney is a genetic pathology.It is a serious disease.
Besides kidney problems (blood in the urine, infections) also causes high blood pressure and cysts in other organs (spleen, liver ...)
The disease slowly progresses to renal failure.
It is very important that you be examined by a nephrologist as soon as possible.
After periodic reviews will need for life.
I wish you good health.
(In case the answer would have been useful please indicate this)
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor