Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pityriasis alba and white spots on the skin. Is it possible to cure ?

I have a problem that I m having pink spot on my lips, and it s very embaressing, when I go out in a sunny day it becomes more visible, The doctor said that it is Pityriasis Alba , I really want to know how can I get them back to their colour? I heard that there are hospitals that make tattooing? but where? and how much does it cost? I m a student from africa :) it s been more than 10 years now... and it started before I started smoking (I stopped smoking 5 years from now).... I have another white spot in my hand... help plz
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  349
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Pityriasis alba is a fungal infection that can be treated ,exact diagnosis & treatment is possible with skin specialist or plastic surgeon.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Thank you very much...

I went to a doctor in my country and he gave me some medicines and it didn't work... another doctor in UAE told me just to forget about it and that it will soon disappear( that was 5 years ago)

I'm now considering tattooing.. what do you think?

By the way... it is possible for me to travel to india

Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor