Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pink eye, pink dots below eyelid near the bridge of my nose. Medical attention required?

I had pink eye recently. I think it is gone but I still produce more than usual gunk, however no gunk forms over night it is only throughout the course of the day. I also have to pink dots on the bottom eyelid on the inside near the bridge of the nose . They are slightly pink/salmon color. Should I go back to the doctor or is this normal? I don t have a lot of money.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Conjunctivitis or Pink eye sometimes lingers as mild redness and discomfort with a foreign body sensation that takes a while to disappear. Constant fishing out of the discharge that collects at the medial canthus of the eye near the nose bridge is probably causing the redness at that location in your case. Firstly refrain from doing that as it turns into a vicious cycle. The more you dig, the more it collects. The fact that the discharge still exists means you need some medication to clear the remaining effects of infection. Start an antiinflammatory eye drop preparation like Ketorolac eye drops used 3 times a day for 7 to 10 days in that eye. Use refresh tears eye drops that are lubricating medications to clear any residual 'gunk' that may accumulate. All should be better by the end of the course that usually is around a week.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor