Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pimples on chin. Taking doxycilin, ointments with clindamycin. Permanent cure?

Hello sir, I am 30 yrs old now. I am suffering from big sized pimples around my chin for past 4 months after treatment with medicines like doxycilin and many ointments started with benzyl peroxide , clindamycin , aloevera etc. my pimples exists it seems like reducing and again comes back. I feel more embarrased to go any where because everybody ask about this so pls try to help out. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM
You are on right way of treatment.
I like to suggest hormonal treatment for you.
you could add the following-
tretnoin gel/ cream preparation apply at every night
tablet prednisolone 2.5 mg at every night
for 1 month with your present medications.
consult us 1 month later.
with regards.
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Rahul Kumar's  Response
hi dear, it seems u r suffering from nodulocystic acne which is a severe form of acne. i think u need to start cap isotretinoin. it is the final modality of acne cure. please contact a dermatologist and ask about isotretinoin , u ll get a good guidance. thank u
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor