Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pimples, acne, recurring condition. Using sofradex-f cream, clindavid gel. Suggestions?

hello..I am 25 years all.. I ve been suffering from pimple and acne for the past 1year. two months back my doctor has prescribe me to apply sofradex f cream and Clindavid gel to be mix together with the same proportion and apply two times daily. for 1month i can seen changes.. but now again i am having the same problem.. i ve stop using that cream... what should i do... i need help....
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello ,
Thanks for writing your query to us.
You should not completely stop any medicines without consulting your doctor. You should continue the medicines which your doctor has prescibed. You are bound to get acne flare up once you stop the treatment. 1 month time is too short for complete cure of acne.Other thing you should maintain a good skin care regimen daily without fail. Use sunscreen before going out of home.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
hi, for acne to be treated properly it has to be clearly understood whether it is mild, moderate or severe in nature. In other words, it has to be seen what kind of lesions are you having predominantly that is whether you are having more of comedones or papules or pustules or severe nodules cysts and abscesses. . The treatment plan changes accordingly. The chances of scarring and pigmentation are more with pustular nodular acne or with cysts and abscesses. What i understand from your prescription is you are having more of papulo pustualar acne. If the above medicines are not suiting you well,an oral antibiotic along with different set of topical medicines and a good anti acne soap needs to be prescribed. You could also take chemical peels as they will not only help in acne but will also take care of post acne pigmantation. Hope that answers your query. take care
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor