Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from peptic ulcer, pain in stomach, dizziness. What is the cure?

I am suffering from peptic ulcer since 2011 march. I had 3 endoscopies done and am still on per the doctors my ulcer has cured to a large extent ,but still i sometimes complain of pain in my stomach,head reeling, dizziness .my stomach feels tender.,does it mean that my ulcer has become active . I suffer from hyperacidity and acid reflux . I also have severe gastritis. please suggest what to do.. medicines taken so far- rekool 20, nexpro ,mucan gel,divol,etc
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Firstly, I would like you to educate yourself further on your condition and accordingly ask your doctor more questions and gain more information on the same.

Peptic ulcer can be of two types. One which results from an infection (Helicobacter pylori) and the other just from an increase in acid production. The type which has been caused from an infection will require at least 2 types of antibiotics to control it (usually clarithromycin, amoxicillin, metronidazole or tetracycline). Along with this therapy which is used for both types includes the use of proton pump inhibitors (which you have been prescribed), acid neutralizing medication (mucaine gel), bismuth agents (which help in killing the bacteria), medication that protect the inner lining (sucralfate). Treatment can also include drugs which prevent ulcers (eg. misoprostol).

Also, it is very important to rule out any medications that could have caused the formation of an ulcer (especially NSAID group of drugs) and discontinue them IMMEDIATELY.

And yes, the symptoms that you are experiencing could be both along with just the presence of an ulcer or even in an aggravated state, this can be determined only with the help of a repeat endoscopy.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor