1. Cough was dry or productive by which we can get into the pathology of either upper or lower Respiratory tract
2. It could be occur due to post nasal drip
(sinusitis/rhinitis), gastro esophageal reflux disease
(GERD), or Bronchial Asthma
, or side effect of blood pressure medication?
3. history of night sweats,weight loss,fatigue, chest pain on breathing, abnormal breath sounds,or of any addiction?
4. was chest x-ray done by the attending physician?
5. Seek Chest Specialist professional help who will have an insight into your problem.