Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Suffering from nasal polyps and blockage in nose. Loss of smell, cannot breath properly. Any treatment? Can smell?

i am suffering from nasal polyps and blockages in the nose.i cannot breathe properly. there is complete loss of smell.there is a thick and yellowish discharge from the nose. i have been operated twice for polyps.but they have recurred.i am suffering from this problem for the forty there any cure for this?will i be able to smell again? kindly help.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response

You seem to have had recurrent nasal polyposis. What kind of surgery did you undergo? A Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) would be ideal for you. During this procedure, the polyps will be visualised properly and removed to maximum extent using endoscopes; of course you need to be aware of the complications of the procedure too. Speak to your doctor and know more. Post surgery you may have to use nasal sprays and other medication to prevent recurrence.

Answered: Wed, 8 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor