Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffering from nasal blockage, unable to breathe from one nostril. Deviated nasal septum. What is the treatment for this?

Hello Doctor, I am facing nose block from past 2 years. Now I am unable to breathe through my right nostril - In the night times, both of the nostrils are getting blocked and that times I am taking breathe through mouth and it is very difficult to sleep. One of the consultant suggested that better get it opreated because, sinve you inhaling through mouth due to that you are geting few allergies like throat infection, flum etc... Below are my CT Scan results: There is a polypoidal mucosal thickening in the right maxillary sinus inferiorly Fovea is deep in the symetrical Nasal septum is deviated to the right. Please suggest me the diagnossis for this as I am ready for Surgey If it is curable because in the night time I am not getting proper sleep and also If i exposed to cold I will immedeately gets nose block. Thanks & regards, Srikanth
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding nasal obstruction as you feel in sleeping time. As you said that your C.T.scan revailes -
(a) Deviated nasal septum.
(b) Polypoidal thickening in right maxillary sinus.
Considering your problem and co-relating it with C.T. scan findings you should go for surgery. The surgical proceedure in your case should be SEPTOPLASTY WITH FUNCTIONAL ENDOSCOPIC SINUS SURGERY of right maxillary sinus.

I hope by this surgery you will be made free from your present symptoms.

Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor