Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mucus fibrosis, unable to open mouth wide due to eating tobacco. Will injections help?

hello Dr my husband is suffering from mucus fibrosis as he is not able to open his mouth wide due to eating pan masala more than 12 yrs i tried a lot to stop but in vain wat to do i heard that injections will be given for inside cheek to release the muscles is it true how can he get early treatment for his better lifestyle
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The treatment involves giving injections of hydrocortisone or HCG locally in the affected area in submucosa for few weeks.
If this treatment fails and disease is progressive,then surgical treatment is employed which consists of multiple release incisions in the sub mucosal  region of mouth.
The treatment of this condition depends upon the degree of involvement.This problem is best treated if detected in early stages.
Moderate to severe sub mucosal fibrosis is generally irreversible.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. A. Mohan Krishna's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.

From the symptoms you had described It could be submucousal fibrosis (due to chronic eating of pan masala). I suggest you to consult a surgical oncologist first to get his opinion. I could not comment on the injection for the release of these tight muscles, because the cause for it should be identified.

Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor