Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mood swings, have suicidal tendencies, migraines, no family support. How to recover?

I am suffering from mood swings. I feel sad on one day and happy on next. I love to hurt myself but I dont want to die. I think of suicides these days but in my teens I attempted many times. I also suffer from migraine and dont hold good childhood days. I dont have anyone supportive in family, they say I am mad when I ask them to take me for counsellings. I went for counselling, got some cognitive ways to love myself but asa a fight erupts like a volcano at home, i find myself discomfort and agitated. I decide to die and hurt myself. I never do, self restrain but tired now. I love to be alone at times, but when I feel good, I want lot of people. This is the only reason I activate and deactivate my profile. Please help! I feel loss in interest and always insomniac from my teenage. I feel really tired at times but I want to get free out of all this.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. Such pressures can bring depression in long term. If you or anybody has depression, she cannot work or study properly and it should be treated. You may ask your doctor to give you an antidepressant or talk sessions will help. They should work on the stressors since they change the personality if it takes long. Headaches are intensified with these factors, so you should pay attention to them. Counseling is really useful and it is a good start. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that you probably have a mood disorder. You surely need a psychiatrist's help. You need to be more persistent with your consultations. If you have a good insight into your illness, you can see your psychiatrist even alone. Headaches can also be a presentation of depression.
Cognitive behavioural therapy, regular exercise, progressive relaxation, meditation and yoga will all help you. you can choose depending on your will.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor