Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mild scoliosis, straightening of lumbar, cross country runner. Treatment?

My son is 15 years old. He is 5 10 1/2 and weighs 138 pounds. He is a cross country runner on a HS team. He was experiencing severe pain and his family Dr. did X-rays. The results are: mild scoliosis and mild straigtening of the lumbar . What is the treatment for this? Should he continue to run? What are the long term effects of this condition?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
This is not serious and can be quite common in young people. It should not stop him running. I suggest he sees a physio for advice on exercises to build core muscle strength to support his back. He has not stopped growing yet so his spine may improve over the next few years. It is unlikely to cause him long-term problems.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Sun, 29 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor