Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mental illness, kindly suggest her

my mom is suffering from mental illness for the past 5 years she thinks as if someone is looting everything from ours and something strange will happen always there is a fear angry towards something she is also very adamant she doesnt act like normal people dont mingle with people ,thinks that all were bad. .during the time of depression her negative thinking gets bigger and she doesnt eat properly this is the situation of our family we are suffering a lot along with her............ my question whether this can be cured 100% or she will be in this stage for her whole life. she is also under treatment and taking medicine, but it attacks her frequently.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  10 Views:  387
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to health care magic forum,
your mother is having illusions and hallucinations, this is a mental problem which can be treated 100% with homeopathy, there are many reasons why people suffer from such kind of problems,other modes can give you only sedatives which will make her sleep.

i want you to have a watch to this video and that how very severe cases of such kind of hallucinations and delusions are treated very effectively with Homeopathy
after seeing this video you can decide what to do,

for more info mail us at or visit us at
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
yeah dr. gaurav, i accept your words..she is in delusion, the thing is she is trying to impost it on us also.. she is very strict in her negative thinking, we try to have a interaction regarding her thinking with her when she gets cool down from serious condition, but it is of no use...she is queen in her court.she dont take any of our words..she should change from her basics to get back to normal life.. is there anything that can be done for that???????????????
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
a delusion is a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception,

yes people suffering from these kind of mental problems try to impose & make people believe what they feel, let me tell you one thing that Homeopathic medicines works on mental plane of person and works great on mental problem, it makes me feel very bad that still many doctors of other pathy still do not believe in Homeopathy and always criticize Homeopathy, but now the great results in chronic diseases has proved that Homeopathy works, so i will advice you to start a Homeopahtic treatment for your mother which will be beneficial for her.
for more info mail us at
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello, Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

The symptoms you described suggest that your mother suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. If it's correct, as you say she is on medication, then you should know that she also may suspect about her medication. Has your psychiatrist let you know the diagnosis or future course of the problem. Please read about schizophrenia on internet. Though a number of psychiatric medications are available, all patients do NOT completely respond to drug therapy; though psychotherapy is not very effective, it also has a role. Schizophrenia is a life long illness, there is NO CURE, but it can be successfully controlled & a patient can live normally in society. I advice you to change your psychiatrist. Alternative therapies donot have much to offer (eg. what about psychotherapy from them?).
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
As Dr Kansal has kindly said, yes paranoid schizophrenia is ONE OF THE DIAGNOSES that she could be having

But there are many other diagnoses like depression/mania with psychosis (particularly since she has these in attacks/epsiodic form) or delusional disorder since she is elderly in age, schizoaffective disorder since you describe both depression as well as paranoid symptoms etc.

I think the first thing to do is to go back to your psychiatrist and find out what problem she has, then ask him/her lots of questions about managing her etc and her future i.e prognosis i.e weather she can be cured or she will have residual symptoms or if she is treatment resistant etc

NO ONE ELSE CAN SAY, WITHOUT EVEN SEEING A PATIENT, that she can be 100% treated.

Hope you are not having headaches with our turf wars but these are inevitable and are good for patients when done with respect.

Good Luck

Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
everybody, good to see you again my friend, as you have already accepted that you have no idea how homeopathy works in your earlier post, and you were begging and yelling and abusing indian allopathic doctors who were unable to cure the case, so i think you are again going to do this here, i have no problem with this, and it is not promoting about personal website its all about promoting homeopathy, if i have good cases to show than i will definitely give links to patients. even you can also do that. when there is a safe method to give cure to patients than they should know about it.
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
yeah,, thanks for all your suggestions and care... i will put this in front of my family... and i will keep you updated on everything....
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone through your available history.
Your mom is suffering from Paranoid schizophrenia as she has constant suspiciousness and fearfulness.
You should consult your psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and treatment. Doctor may prescribe risperidone or olanzapine like anti psychotics.

In some cases, it may not be possible to manage the patient without medication. but yes, her symptoms can be controlled very well with treatment.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

She is having delusions and paranoia - it means major Psychosis...
Psychiatrist can certainly help - the problem is to choose a suitable drug / adjust the dose / and ensure compliance...
Dedicated care taker service is a must - if not feasible, she must be institutionalised.
The prognosis can only be gauged by the treating psychiatrist - considering her age and duration of illness, 100% cure may not be achievable...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptoms you describe are referred to as suspiciousness/paranoia in psychiatric parlance. They are typical of psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia. Hence, i would suggest an evaluation by a psychiatrist.
The usual therapy consists of antipsychotics like olanzapine. The disorder is not curable but symptomatic remission is achievable. Wish her good health.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor