Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffering from major upper back pain, what can i do ?

Hi my name is James, I am twenty five years old, and work a full time job as a Produce Assistant Manager at Randall s/Safeway. I m constantly moving and working, I do try to use proper back procedures, lifting with my legs, however late last night I started feeling a bit of strain in my back, when I woke up this morning I was completely unable to move, my back hurt so bad, I could not go to work, the only thing I have been able to do after use of advil , and aspercreame, is move enough to use the bathroom, and sit in front of my computer. Any ideas of what I may have done?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Homeopath 's  Response
hello james..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
due to prolong strerss n string u r back muscles hv become stiff .. to release the stress n tension.. take adequate rest.. even sitting in front of a comuputer is a strain.. avoid it for some days..
u can take rhustox 200 .. one dose in the morning and second dose at night for 2 days its a homeoapthic medicine.. if symptoms still pesisit then consult ur doctor..
‘Wish you Good Health’.

Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Any back pain develops due to some sort of strain on the back , which could be acute or a chronic cause .I will give you some tips on this

1.Never life heavy weights if you are already suffering from back pain

2. Use hard supports for your back and hard mattresses, instead of going for soft cushions , this helps a lot.

3. The posture you sit in while work/ when on computer/watching T.V is also very important , make sure you have aback support always.

4 Whenever you have pain, you could take the pain killers.

5. If you experience pain and feel that you cant move around , the best cure is from taking complete bed rest for at least 3 days , avoid going to work.

Wishing you good health
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor