Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering from long sightedness, drastic increase in power. Will it stabilize when I grow up?

I am 14 years old, i am suffering from long sightness. For past 2 years i am wearing specs and my power is Drastically increasing.It is now -3.00. Will my increasing power sstabilize when i am adult? My doctor is saying my increasing height(i am 5ft 8 inch currently) is cause for my increasing power, is he right? and he is also saying that my power will stabilize when i grow as adult? My current weight is 49 kg and people around me is saying i am serious under wight, is this the cause of my increasing power?I also want to know my power if it stops at certain age? Please help me? AN unhappy teenager
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
you have-3.00 no that means you have myopia.
myopia is of various grades.
you are having moderate myopia.
myopia can increase with age but it will stabilizes when you reach age of 21years.
you are not underweight and it is not the cause of your number
i would advise you to visit an ophthalmologist every 6months to 1 year and get your refraction and retina checked.
dont worry there is no problem,just wear your glasses regularly.
hope this helps

Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor