Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from knee pain. 4 years ago i twisted my knee.

Im suffering from knee pain , about 4 years ago i twisted my left knee when playing football and ever since then its never really been the same. It hurts when walking up and down stairs, hurts when im sitting with my knee bent and when kneeling or squating down also it feels stiff most of the time. I carry on playing football through the pain although it fades away eventually during a game. recently my hip or groin has started to hurt aswell, i dont know if this is linked because i never felt a pull or strain straight away. it may also be from overuse because im a personal trainer!! Do you have any idea what it could be and how to treat it? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you should consult orthopaedic surgeon as soon as possible
proper treatment will will take care of your problems
hope you be all right soon
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
It is a tear of tendon and called for proper traetment and rest which you missed both. amongst herbal treatments we have janu vasti in which medicated and slightly heated oil is kept over knee for about half an hour daily minimum for ten to fifteen days. Internally have ashwagandha , shilajit and triodasahng guggul.
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
You haveNOT mentioned your age. It seems that you had some ligamentous or tendon tear/injury 4 years back, for which you didnot take proper care & it has not still healed completely. Also you should know that tendons & ligaments have poor blood supply & heal poorly. Due to continuous activity, you might have developed post-traumatic osteo-arthritis of knee. I advice you to consult an orthopaedic specialist ASAP. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor