Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering from kidney problem,can any online doctor suggest me on my report ?

I am kindney patient and having a HB 11.40, Cholesterol 118, Calcium, Serum 9.50,phosphorus, serum 3.50, Urea 72, creatinine 3.49. Please advice me the diet and if possible the medicine may please be intiated to me. I am under treatment of Dr. Mahaptra, Nephrolgist, Dr R.M.L. Hospital, New Delhi. Please send me the reply on my email I am very thankful to you in this regard,
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Your reports are quite acceptable. With a creatinine of 3.49 your kidney function is about 25% to 30%. You have to come to terms that CKD cannot be reversed. However you can prevent additional stress on your kidneys by avoiding unnecessary medications, except those being taken in consultation with your nephrologist. Especially avoid pain killers easily available. A balanced diet - low fat/ low salt/ avoid red meats/ fluid as per your output ( The best guide is your doctor).
Remember Don't try any magic remedies.
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi pradeep kumar,thanks for query.Please understand that discuss everything with your treating doctor.Now a days most of doctors are having dietician along with then and they will give a tailor made diet for you keeping in mind you kidney problem.Please do not take advise from any body else except your doctor.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Sun, 31 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor