Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suffering from kidney problem and had an Acute kidney failure. Have lobulated contour and chronic kidney infection. Suggestion?

I have had kidney problems for about 10 years-stones and infections and went into acute kidney failure twice. It has gotten to the point that I have chronic kidney infections in my left kidney for the past 2 years. I recently had a CT scan that said I have a lobulated contour to the upper pole of my right kidney measuring 2.5 cm. What is this and should I get more testing? Thank you-Lisa
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Because of recurent kidney problem your left kidney has got scarred as evident by this finding.There has been some bad effect on your kidney as well because of which you have gone into Acute kidney failure on 2 occasions.
You should get a test to differenially measure GFR of 2 kidneys(DTPA) so that extent of damage can be mapped out
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor