Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from kidney disease. Have inflammation and pain in arms and feet. Suggest some treatment, precautions and proper diet

hey my name is prem kumari.i m 54 years old,weight 75 kgs,height 5 3 .my esr level is 40.i m suffering from some kidney disease.i have inflammation and pain in arms and feet .please recommend proper treatment,precautions and proper diet.i m also suffering from increased uric acid levels.please tell measures for uric acid problem also......
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Dear Mrs. Prem Kumari, welcome to HCM. It is important that you tell us the level of your kidney function now (eGFR) or your creatinine before any nephrologist can suggest a safe drug for your problem and the diet as well. For reducing uric acid - avoid meat products, Carbonated drinks, alcohol, etc.If your uric acid level is too hit you may need to start medication (Febuxostat 40mg once a day long term with monitoring of your kidney function and uric acid level by a local doctor) to reduce it before you start having gouty complications. Hope this helps. Best wishes. RB
Answered: Mon, 21 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor