Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from jaundice, serum bilirubin 1.5mg/dl, SGOT 53 U/L ,SGPT {67}. Is this initial stage ?

dr my hubby is suffering from jaundice his serum bilirubin 1.5mg/dl,{total} , SGOT 53 U/L ,SGPT {67} IS HE IN an initial stage? cud u tell me wat shall i provide him in his diet? wen and at wat wat tym? he is feeling weakness n he has lost his apitite lyk before. wat shall i giv him so dat his apetite increases lyk before? he doznt hav any other symptoms xcept weakness and less apitite plz suggest.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
First of all he should get further testing to figure out the etiology of his abnormal liver tests. He should get tested for viral hepatitis, autoimmune liver disease, etc by blood tests. He should also get a liver ultrasound to check if he has fatty liver or stones in the bile ducts.
If he drinks alcohol he should stop completely. There is no magic diet to decrease the liver enzymes. If he has fatty liver disease then he should eat a regular and balanced diet, low in fat.
He should definitely get follow up with a liver specialist or gastroenterologist.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor