Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering from jaundice past 5 years.Admitted twice. .Is there any permanent solution for jaundice?

Goodmorning doctor my name is arun. I am from decease is im suffering from jaundice past 5 years. I had admitted twice becauce of maleria and jaundice .Yesterday i tested my jaundice the report says total bilirubin is 2 and reference range is 1.5 .IS there any permanent solution for jaundice.plz suggest me
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Arun,

The Total bilirubin being 2 is not of a concern for me. I think you should not go about the reference range for yourself and go perturbed.

An adult with two time history of malaria and jaundice within 5 yrs in a tropical country like India where malaria and hepatitis A are highly prevalent is just normal.
Just take all the measure to prevent mosquito bite and contaminated food and water.

Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor