Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from jaundice, on vegetarian diet. LFT, ALT, urine test done, given B complex. Diet recommendations?

Hi. Sir i m suffering from jaundice and i m really upset with my diet and i want to eat things normally, i feel very hungry but my parents tell me to eat vegetables and stuff...i m really upset :( i went to and Gastroenterologist and he took my blood tests like LFT and ALT and Urine test and he gave me a dose of B complex through drip..
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there,

Although you have not mentioned the cause of jaundice, whether it viral hepatitis or something else, it is important to know that the liver can not function normally under such conditions and should not be overburdened with foods that overwhelm its capacity like meat and other non vegetarian foods.

So it is best to eat very light food stuffs like vegetables and fruits and also keep yourself well hydrated.

Jaundice takes its time to settle depending upon the cause and can even take several weeks or months so you need to be very patient and be extremely cautious.

It is however advisable to take fat soluble vitamins like A,D, E and K.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor