Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from jaundice. Elevated SGPT, SGOT and bilirubin levels. How to bring them down?

hi, i am suffering from jaundice from last couple of months my current sgpt is 850 and sgot is 560 with billirubin 8.8. however my sgpt and sgot were around 3500 & 3000 respectively on initial stage, the levels however declined to approx 500 both and again took a u turn and were gone upto 1500 & 1300. the levels are taking lot of time to normalized despite of me taking proper care in food & stress levels. please suggest. Thanks, S.J
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Have you seen a doctor at all? those laboratory values are extremely abnormal and they could be high from many reasons, including pancreatic cancer, hepatitis viruses, cirrhosis, medication injury to the liver, etc.
Proper food intake and stress levels are not going to take care of whatever is going on in your liver. Don't drink any alcohol and visit your primary care physician or emergency department as soon as possible.
If you have known liver issues from the past, then these elevated liver enzymes reflect that your liver is starting to fail, and you might need a liver transplant evaluation.
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor