Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering from irregular periods, back pain, nausea and breast tenderness with a negative pregnancy test . Can it be a tubal pregnancy ?

First day of Last period was around June 5th or 6th. On the 22nd of June I had a pink & then a brown discharge when I wiped. This happened off and on for whole day. Next day nothing. Have been having headaches and increasing back pain , also other symptoms such as: breast tenderness , nausea , abdominal discomfort (not very painful, just like gas) & very tired. I spotted again on the 4 of July once & then today the 5th off and on (very little amounts). I am cramping a little more today. I am expecting my period in a couple of days if I have calculated right. I have three children & had a tubal ligation with the last child, who is now 5 1/2. I have also taken a home pregnancy test, as of two days ago w/ a negative result. I am concerned that I could be pregnant & that it could be in my tubes. Dr. said wait a week and test again if no period. I feel that I should be seen sooner. Also I am RH negative, don t know if that matters or not. If you can say, what is your opinion? Could I be pregnant & should I see a Dr. now or just wait it out? Like I said the pain is not unbearable, my back hurts worse than anything, but never had my period to be off at all since my tubal, until now. Thanks so much!
Tue, 10 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
As you are advised , best way to know if you are pregnant or not is wait till next period and if you miss it get a home pregnancy test done.
If you are Rh negative and your husband is positive , there could be a problem.But its unlikely as you already had three healthy children.
There are chances that you could be pregnant , but unlikely after tubal ligation.
I advise you to wait till you miss your period and get tested.If the pain gets severe anytime , please visit ER immediately.
Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor